Save time and money with our new 3D CBCT scanner
Our new 3D CBCT scanner allows you to have detailed digital scans during your dental appointment, planning for procedures such as dental implants, root canal treatments or wisdom teeth extraction.
When our dentists suggest you need dental implants or other procedures, they want to plan the most suitable approach for you. To help in this planning, our dental practice has invested in an innovative imaging technology called a Cone Beam CT scanner (CBCT scanner).
A CBCT scan shows in-depth 3-dimensional images of your jawbone, gum tissue and nerve pathways around the teeth. These 3D images allow our dentists to see the whole picture of your mouth and jaw, and as such, they will be able to plan the best-fitting dental implants for you.
This scanning technology is the next step in the process of you learning to love your smile again with an improved set of fully-functional teeth.
What is a CBCT scanner?
Using X-rays, the Cone Beam Computed Tomography scanner is a specialised dental imaging device that provides 3D images of your mouth, jawbone and associated tissues. The scanner concentrates the X-rays into a cone shape over the scan area, creating a series of high-quality, computer-generated 3D images.
What happens during a CBCT scan?
We will walk you to the CBCT scanner and show you where to stand. You will be standing while the scanning takes place.
The imaging component of the device will rotate entirely around your head. This will take less than a minute. The machine produces approximately 180 high-resolution 3D images during this time.
The benefits of CBCT scanners
- Time: In less than a minute, your scan is complete, with your dentist receiving images on their computer screen.
- Detailed images: The 3D images show in-depth pictures of bone, teeth, soft tissue and nerves using low-dose X-rays.
- Size & comfort: The CBCT scanner is not bulky. It’s a comfortable device for patients to experience.
Why do we use the CBCT scanner?
The primary use of a Cone Beam Computed Tomography scanner is to plan for dental implant work. Still, there are other dental situations where we can use a CBCT scan, including:
- Planning for root canal treatments
- Assisting in the diagnosis of temporomandibular disorder (TMJ disorder)
- Preparing for teeth extractions, including wisdom teeth.
Why we have chosen to add a CBCT scanner to our clinic
Our dental practice is all about providing you with modern, detailed and precise dental treatment and therapies. Therefore, it only makes sense to provide you with an imaging device that gives us the best view of your mouth, teeth, and oral cavity. We want to provide you with the best treatment for implants, extractions and root canals.
We’ve chosen the Orthophos 3D CBCT scanner from Dentsply Sirona, a world leader in quality dental products. We love the scanner because it’s comfortable for patients and creates images that allow us to provide the personalised and precise dental care you’ve come to expect from us.
Why choosing us for a CBCT scan makes good sense
Coming to our dental clinic always means a good patient experience: we work hard to continuously improve our practice. When you come to our dental surgery for a CBCT scan, you:
• stay at our Mornington dental practice: you don’t need to go off-site to an external dental radiology clinic
• have dental treatment and a CBCT scan in the one visit
• don’t need a referral for this specialised scan.
You will save time by having your CBCT scan with us.