First of all, we hope that you are still smiling behind your mask.
Secondly, we are open and here for all your emergency dental needs.
It’s been an ongoing time of roundabouts for everyone. For dental practices, it has been a continual process of adhering to the various stages of circuit-breaker restrictions as they scale up and down the ladder. We intend to keep you fully informed as these occur.
As of 11:59 Thursday 27 May 2021, dental practices within the lockdown boundaries of Victoria will need to operate under circuit-breaker lockdown restrictions. At this stage, these restrictions are set to ease at 11:59 pm on Thursday 10 June 2021.
Under these restrictions, dental services across the state of Victoria will continue, and patients will be able to visit their dentist for necessary dental care. These visits include seeing your preferred dentist if outside the 5km radius of your residence.
It is crucial that patients do not put off or delay seeing a dentist if they are experiencing dental problems.
These restrictions will impact the service we can provide to you and your family in the following weeks. However, it is a necessary step as we all make daily changes in an attempt to reduce the cases of coronavirus.
Our Mornington dental practice will remain open, and staff will be onsite to provide help with necessary dental needs, such as:
- Facial swelling
- Intra-oral swelling
- Facial trauma
- Dental trauma
- Significant/constant/uncontrollable pain.
If you have a dental concern, please call us straight away so that we can provide over the phone advice, book in a Zoom consultation, or make an appointment to see you. There is no need to suffer from dental pain at home as we are here to help you through this time.
The health of you and our staff is foremost during this time, and we continue to practice the following procedures:
- only one person per visit unless you are attending with a child patient
- your temperature will be measured upon arrival
- to minimise wait times within the practice, you can call us from your car when you arrive, and we will notify you when the dentist is ready to see you
- visitors will be required to complete a screening questionnaire upon arrival
- hand sanitiser is available for use before and after your visit
- every surface within each surgery is wiped down and disinfected following every appointment.
Most importantly, we want you to know that our practice is here to help you when you need it. The last 15 months have been extraordinary. We can only hope that the extreme measures in place right now will lead to the outcome that everyone is seeking.
We look forward to seeing your friendly faces again soon. In the meantime, keep smiling behind your masks.