To see current restrictions visit our latest post “Exciting news! Dental restrictions have been eased further to Level 1.“
The Australian Dental Association recently released new guidelines recommending the dental community return to Level 2 Restrictions in Melbourne. As a result, drilling and highly invasive oral surgeries, or treatment requiring the use of aerosols, unless urgent, will be delayed.
Patient and staff safety remains critical while community transmission of COVID-19 continues. We will continue to monitor our local area rates of transmission and keep you informed of further changes as they arise.
Services during Level 2
The services we will provide include:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without the use of high-speed handpieces
- Some non-complex restorative procedures
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hygiene visits (with hand scaling only)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations, such as ulcers
- TMJ dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of topical remineralising agents, such as fluoride
- Orthodontic assessment and treatment
Dental Emergencies during Level 2
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, we encourage you to seek treatment sooner rather than later. We can provide complete treatment for dental emergencies and have hygiene procedures and practices in place as per the ADA Guidelines.
Appointments during Level 2
If you have an appointment booked with us in the coming weeks, we will call you to confirm the appointment time or reschedule to a later date.
Our practice will remain open as per normal. Please continue to stay safe and maintain your good social distancing habits. Eva and Emma are available to take your enquiries regarding dental concerns and the continuation of your dental treatment.
We’re here for you and our community.