To see current restrictions visit our latest post “Exciting news! Dental restrictions have been eased further to Level 1.“
First of all, we hope that you are still smiling behind your mask.
It’s been a challenging year for everyone. For dental practices, it has been a continual process of adhering to the various stages of restrictions as they scale up and down the ladder. We intend to keep you fully informed as these occur.
The latest Stage 4 lockdown, as of 11:59 Wednesday, 5th August, means that dental practices within the lockdown boundaries of Victoria will be at Level 3 restrictions.
Dental services will continue to operate, but we can only provide necessary dental care. You are still permitted to visit us even if we are outside the 5km radius if you have an appointment.
The ADA has highlighted that it is essential not to delay seeing a dentist if you are experiencing dental problems.
This restriction will impact you and your family if you have a dental appointment booked in the weeks ahead. We will be contacting all patients with appointments to reschedule to another time or to confirm that we can still see you. Alternately, you can call us to enquire whether your appointment can proceed.
Our practice will remain open, and staff will be onsite to provide help with emergency dental needs, such as:
- sore or painful teeth
- knocked out, broken or chipped teeth
- lost, broken or chipped fillings
- sharp pain in the jaw
- red gums or ulcers
- broken orthodontic bands or retainers
- impacted or painful wisdom teeth
- treatment of concerns which could get worse if left untreated.
We are here to help you through this time, so there is no need to suffer from dental pain at home. Please call us straight away if you have a dental concern so that we can provide over the phone advice or make an appointment to see you.
The health of you and our staff is foremost during this time, and we continue to practice the following procedures:
- only one visitor per visit unless you are attending with a child patient,
- to minimise wait times within the practice, you can call us from your car when you arrive, and we will notify you when the dentist is ready to see you
- visitors will be required to complete a screening questionnaire upon arrival
- hand sanitiser is available for use before and after your visit
- every surface within each surgery is wiped down and disinfected following every appointment.
We are committed to delivering the safest environment for you and ourselves at all times. In the interests of the safety of our staff, please cancel your scheduled visit if you have cold symptoms in the days leading to your appointment. This includes minor throat irritations, or a fever or a runny nose. We appreciate your efforts to keep us safe too.
Most importantly, we want you to know that our practice is here to help you when you need it. This year has been extraordinary. We can only hope that the lockdown measures in place now will lead to the outcome that everyone is seeking, and a return to some normality in the weeks ahead.
We look forward to seeing your friendly faces again soon. In the meantime, keep smiling behind your masks.