Transform your smile with high-quality porcelain veneers in Mornington
One of the most popular choices in cosmetic dentistry today is dental veneers. You can completely transform the way their smile looks with flawlessly fabricated, natural-appearing porcelain veneers. At our Mornington Peninsula dental clinic, we offer professional consultation before the treatment. In this discussion, we will help you understand how veneers function and how they can help you improve the appearance of your teeth and smile.
What are porcelain veneers?
Porcelain veneers are finely laminated facings which are fabricated using high-grade porcelain. These hard-wearing veneers are made in such a way that they can be fitted over the front surfaces of teeth to cover up a wide variety of blemishes, cracks and chips. They can also be used to enhance the shape, position, colour and length of teeth.
The process itself requires prior preparation, but the results are worth it. Once the procedure is completed, our dental veneers have the ability to transform your smile completely.
Call us today so that we can discuss the right solution for your smile.
Advantages of choosing porcelain veneers for a smile makeover
There are many advantages of proceeding with your porcelain veneer treatment – below are a few of the most prominent ones:
- They effectively cover and hide most dental irregularities such as cracks, chipped margins, discoloured restorations.
- They can mask differences of shape and size, staining and tooth discolouration, pits and gaps between teeth.
- Porcelain is a tough material. It has outstanding strength and is much stronger than the resin used in composite veneers.
- Porcelain veneers have excellent aesthetic properties and look and feel identical to your natural teeth.
- Compared to their composite veneers, porcelain veneers last far longer and do not stain or change colour over time as composites do.
- Porcelain veneers may cost more than composite veneers initially, but because they last so much longer, they are a better investment in the long run.
- In case of breakage, they can be re-made and replaced on the tooth without any complications.
The Veneering Procedure
The first visit
Veneering is completed in two visits because the veneers need to be fabricated at a nearby ceramics dental laboratory. During your first appointment, we will address any questions and concerns you have regarding the treatment. We will give you a good indication of what you can expect from it.
Next, following the administration of a local anaesthetic to ensure you are comfortable – we will begin preparation. In most cases, this involves removing a small amount of tooth enamel from the tooth or teeth receiving the veneers. (Patients should be aware that once enamel is removed, the process is irreversible.)
An impression of the prepared tooth or teeth is then taken and sent to the laboratory for final fabrication. Temporary composite veneers are fitted for use during the interim period while your permanent porcelain veneers are being made.
The second visit
It usually takes around 2-4 weeks for porcelain veneers to be crafted at the laboratory.
Once your veneers are ready, we will check them for appearance and fit. Adjustments can still be made at this point.
The veneers are then permanently bonded to the teeth with an extremely strong dental bonding cement.
If you have any questions regarding the porcelain veneer procedure, call us at our Mornington Peninsula dental clinic. Or book your appointment for a smile transformation using these high-quality porcelain veneers, at Mornington based dental practice. Call (03) 5975 5355 today and book a consultation with us.